Saturday, December 13, 2014

Chicken Soup with All Good Things...

All good things come to an end.

This weblog has been something of an education for me.  It's given me a forum where I could systematize concepts and observations of human behavior that are normally ill defined.  I'll be taking what I've learned and moving on to other projects.

I'll respond to comments from time to time but this is definitely going to be my final post and if there's any one idea I'd like my readers to hold onto it's this:

If you're going to reward violent sociopaths  with sexual favors and athletic scholarships, don't compound your stupidity by feigning bewilderment and bitterly complaining when their victims show up somewhere with a gun or a bomb.  Reward the behavior you want, not the behavior you find most instinctively appealing.

A message for those who visit repeatedly:

The problem of bullying will not be addressed by people quietly visiting a weblog.  If you agree with what you read here, print a hard copy of your favorite post and snail mail it to your favorite journalist, school administrator (I'm sure you can think of one who should catch up on his or her reading.) , or member of the legislature.  You could email the title of this weblog to whoever comes to mind.  Send a copy to every business that annoys you with a dinner hour sales call.  Bulletin boards, bumpers, and post-it notes are also good.  Make some noise.  Remember...failing to do this is like failing to vote.  You simply don't matter.  Bullies and their enablers inspire mass murderers.  Interfering with that process might save the life of someone you care about.  Assuming you have any concern for anyone.

So long folks.

21 comments:

  1. The blog's retired?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9IXAJg4Vm0

    Damn. I am going to definitely miss you like hell. I hope someday you do a comeback tour (or Holiday Specials) but if not, I hope you never erase this blog. Don't give dudes like Iggy the satisfaction of having their dirty laundry hidden.

    Anyway, I wish you all the best in life. Take care, you're a rare, fresh voice of reason and intelligence. When my book's out someday I hope you can read it and be able to say, "this was worthy". :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no plans to delete this weblog. If you want to increase attention to it use some of the techniques described in the book, "Guerrilla Marketing."

      Delete
    2. If this is really your last blog, then I'll also miss you. Sorry that I didn't get to post often. But at least, I wish you a merry Christmas.

      Take care during the holidays.

      Delete
  2. Hey, I got a special request- could you please post your Top 10 (or 20- yeah, do 20) favorite entries you've done, like the Ferguson and Iggy ones? I'd love to have some epic entries to show people in honor of this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I posted a "best of Chicken Soup" a while back. I'm not sure it was really the best of as different posts will appeal to different people depending on their own ugly memories.

      Delete
  3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jlHz0wF0Ig We won't forget you. Much love for helping take down the tyrants of society and for making their jobs a little more difficult. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favorite '80's songs. I believe it was the music used in the closing credits of the movie, "Real Genius."

      Delete
  4. I can understand your decision - there's only so much that can be said. New scandals and tragedies caused by people bullying and fighting for their tribal position keep happening, but the reasons never change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I began to notice quite a while ago that I was getting repetitive. I'm working on the outline for a book now...always a long shot to get published but no doubt cathartic to produce.

      Delete
    2. Ah dude, I would buy that in a heartbeat! And if I was rich I'd buy 1000 copies and give am all away! :D

      Delete
  5. I would still like to see some of your writing. Not necessarily about bullying. Like your other blog, it had some good stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The other blog is long gone. I'm trying to write a book but it's nothing like posting a blog entry once in a while and attempting to do it while working 50 hours a week is proving difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big news my man!

    https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Assistant+Principal+Kim+Lockwood

    I just did a google search on the villainous principal of Bully and you're on the front page dude!

    I know you don't post comments but I figure you will read this at some point so just wanting to let you know that you did make a difference. She certainly has read what you said about her on your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is good, but a news article where she's being interviewed about this post would be even better.

    You could always ask her directly what she thinks of it or send the post to the local school committee, PTA, etc. :) ++

    ReplyDelete
  9. Btw, I'm about to visit my old Jr. High where I got bullied to the point of becoming suicidal. I'm going on one of those tours for prospective students. I'm going to tell off the principal exactly what happened to me afterwards this Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Or you could ask him what he thinks of this weblog in front of everyone. Or send a few hard copies to easily embarrassed people. The possibilities are endless.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Btw, just wanted to say thanks! I recently started my own blog because of you, you were a big inspiration behind it! I hope you check it out and please feel free to post there if you like it! :)

    https://bullyingmaycauseschoolshootings.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Any chance you'll come out of retirement again?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll make a deal with you. I feel like no one outside of a handful of devoted readers bothers coming here. If you can attract some media attention without committing a felony I'll feel like I'm accomplishing something and return.

    ReplyDelete