Friday, October 12, 2012

Chicken Soup answers a question...

After reading through this weblog, an acquaintance of mine asked why I hate America so much. I wasn't aware that I was leaving that impression on readers so I'll try to clear things up.

A long time ago I read a memorable quote in a newspaper. A woman who managed to escape the Soviet Union and settle in the United States remarked that she didn't worry about the American government punishing her for expressing an opinion. She worried about what her neighbors would do. Her observation of American culture stayed with me for a long time.

I don't hate America or the American form of government. I firmly believe that America is a good step along the way to civilizing our species. What I hate is the overwhelming tendency of Americans to praise and reward violent criminals and blame their behavior on the victims. If you're under the opinion that you've never rewarded criminals or blamed victims, read this and then read about this gem of the American Family and decide for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment